Marble, grantie, slate, terrazzo flooring are timeless building materials used in buildings around the world. Marble and granite flooring is found everywhere from the your bathrooms to the Taj Maul. Limestone, slate, and terrazzo flooring is most commonly installed and used in commercial buildings such as malls, restaurants, government building, sky scrapers and more. Popular design trends as brought the use of granite and marble flooring to homes , condos, and apartments. Natural stone like all things does require periodic maintenance to maintain the finish and prolong the look of your marble floor. GRANITE HEROES will create a custom cleaning and maintenance schedule for your stone floor in Chicago, IL.
Marble and Granite Floor Restoration is the process of completely removing the finishes, and reapplication of finish to the marble or granite floor tiles. Marble and Granite floor restoration is designed for floors which suffer from lip page or uneven tiles, deep scathes, sever acid etching, water spots, pitting, and damage to to acid based floor cleaners. The restoration process consists of wet sanding or honing with the use of DIAMOND PADS which smooths and evens out the floor surface. The shine is then applied with the use of a crystallizer as well as other polishing compounds and waxes. When the process is complete your floor will have a brand new factory finish.
Do I need my stone floor cleaned or restored?
Natural Stone such as: Marble, granite, limestone, travertine, terrazzo, onyx, bluestone, flagstone, serpentine stone, sandstone, and engineered natural stone require a different cleaning process to maintain the look a feel of the floor. Over time the sealer and wax's breakdown and can cause damage to the natural stone tile surface if not cleaned and re-sealed.
Im sure your wondering when is the correct time to have my floor professionally cleaned? Well its not that hard to figure out. There are a couple basic tests you can perform to see if your a candidate for a professional floor cleaning. Poor some water on your tile floor. Let it stand for a couple min. When you wipe it if u see a mark left over from the water then your floor needs to be re sealed. Has your floor's polish gone flat, or does the floor get more dirty every time you clean it? These are just a couple hints which can help you troubleshoot if your a candidate for our natural stone floor cleaning services.
Granite Heroes use innovative cleaning techniques, specially formulated cleaners, and the best equipment in the industry to steam clean or deep clean the grim, grease, and years of film created by ineffective cleaners , and common wear and tear. Depending on the size of your floor our services usually take 1 day to complete, at a great price point, and excellent service.
Floor restoration in the process of restoring a floor back to a factory look and finish. Depending on the stone and situation the restoration process can use a wide variety of tools and equipment to achieve the desired goal. Restoration apply's to situations where there is cracked tiles, cracked grout, years of wax buildup, water marks, etching, dull spots, and ring marks present on the tile surface.
It depends on the situation, however in most cases a restoration process is something which takes more time, more equipment, supplies, and man power. Therefore its safe to assume floor restoration is a process which requires a small investment, and should have proper planing and budgeting in place. A stone floor restoration process is typically between 10% and 25% of the replacement cost of a floor.
All products sealers used on our cleaning and restoration job have a guarantee of up to 1 year. We recommend a yearly maintenance plan if you are not currently on one. This is recommend by the major stone manufactures and will maintain the look of your flooring over time, and cost you less in the long run. All of our work comes with your 100% Satisfaction guarantee which means if your not happy , we are not happy, so we get the job done every time!
Granite & Marble Floor Polishing Pictures
Marble Floor Polishing
Project Description: Polishing marble floors has really become a thing of science these days. The Heroes prove that on this project. AS you can see the window reflection looks like a reflection in the water on a glass day. Just one more eye popping polish to add to our belt!
Granite Floor Polishing
Project Description: This granite floor is rare and really required teh skill and expertise of a Granite Hero! We used our own special brand of diamond resson pads which really gave us the edge in mastering a factory polish on this floor. Yet another project you can read the wattage on the light bulbs!
Slate Floor Cleaning & Sealing
Project Description:Project Description: The Granite Heroes really brought out the best in this slate floor. First or technicians removed the slate floor wax which had been covering the floor. The Heroes then finished the slate floor with a color enhancing gloss penetrating sealer to really pop the colors and enhance the stone.
DO YOU HAVE A HERO KIT?
Finally a natural stone cleaner worthy of being called a HERO!
Chicago Service Area
- Rogers Park (Loyola, Rogers Park)
- West Ridge (Nortown, Peterson Park, Rosehill, West Ridge, West Rogers Park)
- Uptown (Clarendon Park, Buena Park, New Chinatown, Sheridan Park, Uptown)
- Lincoln Square (Bowmanville, Budlong Woods, Lincoln Square, Ravenswood, Ravenswood Gardens)
- Edison Park (Edison Park)
- Norwood Park (Big Oaks, Norwood Park, Old Norwood, Oriole Park, Union Ridge)
- Jefferson Park (Gladstone Park, Jefferson Park)
- Forest Glen (Edgebrook, Forest Glen, Middle Edgebrook, Sauganash, Wildwood)
- North Park (Hollywood Park, North Park, Pulaski Park)
- Albany Park (Albany Park, Mayfair, North Mayfair, Ravenswood Manor)
- O’Hare (O’Hare, Schorsch Forest View)
- Edgewater (Andersonville, Edgewater, Edgewater Glen, Epic, Lakewood/Balmoral)
- North Center (Northcenter, Roscoe Village, Saint Ben’s)
- Lakeview (Lake View East, North Halsted, West Lakeview, Wrigleyville)
- Lincoln Park (DePaul, Old Town Triangle, Park West, Lincoln Park, Ranch Triangle, Sheffield Neighbors, Wrightwood Neighbors)<
- Avondale (Avondale, Jackowo, WacÅ?awowo)<
- Logan Square (Logan Square, Bucktown, Palmer Square)
- Portage Park (Portage Park, Six Corners)
- Irving Park (Irving Park, Kilbourn Park, Old Irving Park, The Villa)
- Dunning (Belmont Heights, Belmont Terrace, Dunning, Irving Woods, Schorsch Village)
- Montclare (Montclare)
- Belmont Cragin (Brickyard, Cragin, Hanson Park)
- Hermosa (Belmont Gardens, Hermosa, Kelvyn Park)
- Near North Side (Cabrini-Green, Dearborn Parkway, The Gold Coast, Goose Island, Magnificent Mile, Near North Side, Old Town, River North, River West, State Parkway, Streeterville)
- Loop (The Loop, New Eastside, Printer’s Row, South Loop)
- Near South Side (Dearborn Park, Near South Side, Museum Park, Central Station, Prairie Avenue Historic District)
- Humboldt Park (Humboldt Park)
- West Town (East Village, Noble Square, Ukrainian Village, Smith Park, West Town, Wicker Park)
- Austin (Austin, Galewood, The Island)
- West Garfield Park (West Garfield Park)
- East Garfield Park (East Garfield Park, Fifth City)
- Near West Side (Columbus Circle, Greektown, Little Italy, Medical Center, Near West Side, Tri-Taylor, Fulton River District, University Village)
- North Lawndale (North Lawndale)
- South Lawndale (Little Village, South Lawndale, Marshall Square)
- Lower West Side (Heart of Chicago, Lower West Side, Pilsen)