Travertine stone is one of the best types of natural stones for the floor. It is a beautiful, practical and cost-effective option for the floors. Once installed, the travertine floor will last for years and years. With the right travertine restoration service, you can easily increase the life of your travertine floor.
Travertine floors can last for a long time, but it will need the right caring. It is easy if you are willing to put time and effort. You can also opt for professional cleaning services. Customized cleaning services will make sure that your travertine floor looks beautiful and well-maintained. You can also combine DIY with occasional professional service to get the best results.
Here is everything you need to know about travertine and how to take care of it.
What is travertine stone?
Travertine is one of the many types of natural stones like marble and granite. It occurs naturallya deposit of calcium carbonate in large amount. Usually, the travertine is found in the hot springs or limestone caves. It usually forms by the precipitation of the calcium carbonate; the remaining material then hardens and forms into travertine stone.
Travertine has a rich history with famous historical buildings. It has been used for centuries before it became a commonplace today. It is widely associated with the ancient Roman architecture, such as the Coliseum in Rome. If you want an example of the recent structure, the Getty Museum in Los Angles, California is made of travertine stone.
Travertine is used for flooring for various reasons. Some of the most common ones are:
- Aesthetic appeal –travertine flooring is stunning to look at. You can choose from many different designs, such as brushed, hones, polished and tumbled look. From matte to glossy, travertine can be used for creating the most stunning floors.
- Durability –Durability is one of the things that make travertine so popular. With travertine restoration and regular maintenance, you can easily make the floor last for years and years.
- Strong – Travertine floors are highly resistant to things like scratching, cracking and heavy foot traffic. If you have small children and large pets, the travertine floor is the best option.
- Increase Real Estate Value –You can easily increase the value of your house or property with a travertine flooring. It looks and feels lavish and any designs you choose will simply make the space come alive.
Travertine floors are versatile natural stones that can transform your living area into something stunning.
How to Maintain Travertine Floors
Travertine floors are easy to maintain. Regular cleaning and maintenance is essential for keeping the travertine floor last for years. You can combine regular cleaning with professional cleaning once in a while and travertine restoration service when needed. Timely cleaning, repair and maintenance is what you need.
Here are some of the best ways to maintain a travertine floor:
- Clean it regularly
Like any other floor type, the travertine floor too needs regular cleaning. The only difference is that you need use warm water to mop it.Dirt and dust can easily settle on the grouts and the longer you wait, harder it will be to get rid of it. So, it is advised to clean the floor using warm water as it will dissolve the build-ups and remove them. regular cleaning can easily make your floors shine and look clean. This way, you will be able to save a lot of money of professional cleaning. Although, it is advised to get the floor cleaned at least once a yearby professional cleaners.
It is important to remember that if you leave the dirt and grime on the floor for too long, harder it will be to remove it. Make sure that regular mopping is done on the floor to keep it clean as well as well-maintained.
Make sure that you don’t leave the spills unattended for too long. Whether it’s water spill or food spill, clean it immediately. Stains and debris can ruin the aesthetics of the floor. If you don’t clean the spills immediately, it will be harder to remove later on.
2. Use the Safe Cleaning Products
Not all types of cleaning products are good for all types of natural stones. When it comes to travertine floor cleaning, make sure that you have the best products. read the label and see if it is right for the material. Wrong cleaning products can damage the surface of the stone. Read the instructions carefully and follow them to clean the floors. Safe cleaning is important for keeping the floors clean and well-maintained.
Once in a while opt for professional cleaning services to keep the floor maintained. Professional cleaners use advanced cleaning equipment and solution that are effective as well as safe. It will save a lot of your time and effort. Hire the best cleaners to get the best results.
3. Travertine Restoration Service
If your floors are very old, it will need some restoration. It is important to keep the travertine floor well-maintained with a professional travertine restoration service. You don’t have to replace the old ones as it can restored easily. There many types of restoration services for travertine floors. Depending on what your floors needs, the professionalteam will provide the following services:
- Travertine Cleaning & Sealing–If your travertine floor needs deep cleaning, the professional cleaners will remove the soil, grease, grime, and all the contaminants. Penetrating sealers will be applied to protect the travertine stone floor from the foot traffic.
- Honing & Polishing – The next thing is honing, which includes leveling of the uneven surface or blotchy parts. Then the surface will be polished to make the floor look brand new.
- Crack & Chip Repair–Over a period of time, your travertine floor is likely to suffer some cracks and chippings. You can address this issue with a professional restoration service in which the stone specialists will apply special adhesives to fill the cracks and smooth out the chips.
- Full Restoration & Resurfacing – If the travertine surface has a lot of visible marks, and scratches, it will need full restoration. It will include new installation or smoothening of the surface to remove all the imperfections from the floor surface.
Choose natural stone restoration service once in while to remove the imperfections. Small restoration is better that one expensive one. This way, your floors will not look unattractive between the restoration service. Regular maintenance is the key to lasting travertine floor.
The Bottom Line
Travertine is one of the best floor surfaces. It looks great, it can last for years and it is practical and cost-effective. If you want the travertine floor to last for a long time, commit to regular maintenance and care program. Combine home cleaning and professional cleaning and restoration to keep the floor surface well-maintained all the time.
Granite Heroes specialize in Travertine Restoration services for floors, counter tops, stairs, walls and more. We ensure that high-quality finish for all types of travertine surfaces. We have expert cleaners who can complete the job in no time. We use high-quality products and equipment to ensure the best results. We offer cost-effective solution for all your natural stone surface cleaning and restoration needs.
Call us at – 1-312-800-1659or visit here for more information.